Tuesday, May 22, 2018

everyday yes!!...luella...


so this oil painting i found at an antiques store...
it caught me by surprise!!  this i adore!!
it reminded me of my grandma...oh how can this be??
her gaze, eyes and hair are so familiar to me...
this was the grandma that inspired my art...
she taught me to sew...and she always shared her heart...
she collected jewelry and wore inspired matched sets...
and my collecting...i watched her...and think of her yet...
she surrounded herself with velvet and flowers...
and this combination still has the power
over me and the colorfull choices that i make...
her mostly pink with bright still keeps me awake!!
and her love of friends and family and wanting them always near...
is what i too like and that to me will always be dear!!
so finding this piece and the joy it does bring...
so thankful to have this painting of a woman...it makes my heart sing!!

3 comments:

  1. Your Poems are always so beautiful Terri. They always touch our hearts! oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you jan!! it means so much to me for you to say that...❤️❤️❤️❤️

      Delete